Ability to manually enter climbing

Hi,

My default sync is with Strava but sometimes I need do delete that activity and replacing it manually with one downloaded from Garmin.
This need is when I’m after tracking RR and alfa data.
Turns out that by doing that “climbing” field is not available and I would like it to be once a session done on slope mode differs very much from erg ones.

Thank you,

Do I understand correctly when saying that what you need is a FIT file with dfa, resp rate and manually entered ascent?
If so, Gotoes Strava tools can do that but you will need to donate because the free version does not allow saving FIT files.

https://gotoes.org/strava/index.php

If you want to be 100% sure that this gives you what you need, send me one of your Garmin Fit files (pm a download link) and the Ascent (climbing) that you want to inject. I’ll do one for you, just to be sure that it gives you the result you’re after.
If you donate one-time 10USD, the Gotoes Strava tools are fully unlocked and you can do just about everything you can imagine.
I recently started using it to combine my Coros Run Fit files with the IQ fields, DFA-a1 and Resp rate recorded simultaneously on my Garmin Edge. The result is one FIT with all regular fields from the Coros watch + the IQ fields from the Garmin.

3 Likes

no, I just need to be able to enter the value of totals ascent (climbing) at Intervals.

usually, the field climbing sits the line bellow AVG Speed.
This activity has 1.264m of climbing.

like this:

I just to manually edit that field.
tks,

That field normally comes straight from your FIT file and is populated by your recording device which calculates total climbing. If you do a virtual ride, it isn’t there because no height change was detected.
At this moment, Intervals does not allow manual editing of that field and I’m not sure if it ever will. I offered you an alternative that can give you the requested result.
Another alternative is to modify the field with an API PUT statement.

1 Like

Thank you.
Actually all ROUVY activities do have ascent, even erg workouts but obviously they don’t have/record Garmin’s iQ.
Can I merge Garmin’s fit with iQ with Rouvy’s fit ?
Regards

I´m pretty sure it can but I´m willing to test if you send me both files.

1 Like

What is the reason that intervals doesn’t allow you to manually enter a climbing figure? Sometimes I just use the garmin with the trainer and then it doesn’t record any climbing amount

2 Likes

Climbing is now an editable field.

5 Likes

this could also be used when I do a workout on the treadmill, I can then manually enter the elevation the treadmil shows at end of the workout which is not captured otherwise… Cheers