A new user needs some help

Hi
I’m a new user since a few weeks and i really like this app because it merge calendar, workout builder and analyse that i find in four apps at this time
The interface is great and i have uploaded my data from garmin and strava without any pb

I have 2 issues
When i log , the first page displays the Dec 16 activity!! . Is there any way to display the activity of the day or the calendar page ?
I am surprised by the PDC curve which is less sigmoidal than in other apps. And it gives me very optimistic values for power at long duration . For exemple my best 4h Power is 164 W (season July21-April22) , the model gives 241W and eFTP=248W. CP is quite similar (232W) in GC but power at 3h is 167W. Do i need to do some test ? At what duration?

Thank’s for your help

Do you have the 4h data in your Intervals.ICU activity database? You can try defining the curve with your own datapoints.

As for the model, I thought David was employing the Morton 3 parameter model. Another program could use a different model. CP and W’ are subject to the model being used. Its better not to rely on one model but use different models to get a range of estimations and take it from there. Critical Power is a bandwidth, not one value. I think most people overlook that fact.

Yes i have several rides longer than 4 hours and the curve of this period (July 21 - Now) shows the decreasing and is really lower than the model
I’ve tried to define a curve and got results worst than the model : the curve was a broken line with 2 points
OK with you about models, just want to understand if i missed something
Thanks

Any idea about the first page ?

The Morton 3P model isn’t great for longer durations (anything more than an hour or maybe even shorter).

I just logged in as you and the calendar page showed me Jan 2022 data?

Also can you suggest a shorter French word for “Ramp” instead of “Progression”? Its a bit long. Or perhaps an abbreviation. Tx.

Ok i will change Progression in Prog

Here is my first page after login

oops I think i am a donkey
the #activity is in the link

You mean “progression” in the name of the activity?
Does it matter in the description ?
When downloading from Strava do you download title and description, or title and notes for GConnect ?

May i suggest “Normal” instead of “Normalisé” in the scale of Sensation.
“Normalisé” is ok for “Normalized” Power
If you need , i can give a hand to review or participate in translation English - French

I meant “Progression” on the left hand side of the calendar where it displays “Ramp” in English for ramp rate. Progression doesn’t quiet fit and doesn’t look good.

ahh
I think it’s a field from trainer road , the progression of “Personnal Level” when achieving a workout . each worklout is given a level according is intensity zone
And it’s not appropriate in the week pane info because it’s specific to each zone (endurance, tempo, sweetspot …)
I don’t find where to change this : it’s not displayed on the activity screen
I don’t find it on strava or garmin connect

May be i’ve misunderstood the nature of this field because my last workout has a progression of 0,3 !!!
If it is the “ramp rate” according to PMC Model , there is no need of translation : “RR” is the term we use
but the value is 0.3 in the Calendar page, and 3 in the Fitness Page
Edit
I think i found the difference :
calendar page displays the values of the last day of the week according to training prevision, title of the popup : “taux de progression”
Fitness page : the values of the current day, title of the popup “Taux de progression hebdomadaire”
May be the 2 titles could be updated
Edit2
I just see the date of the day at the top right of the fitness page.
There are so much information in your app! i need to use it a lot before making any suggestion

1 Like