Workout builder

Just out of curiosty how difficult is it to be able create a system that allow you to transfer the workout to a head unit (garmin or wahoo) so that you get the visual ques out on a ride.
I currently use Todays Plan for this and this would be the nail in its coffin in terms of functunality for me.

4 Likes

I definitely want to do that. I don’t know how yet but plan to find out. First I need to support converting workouts into different file formats for download and this is related.

8 Likes

Awesome! For those using Zwift, can you add the functionnality to export it is .zwo file?
You have a example of tool doing it here: https://zwofactory.com/

Thank you David!

1 Like

I’m loving the look of this. It’s great to be able to see a visualisation of the planned workout. My calendar is imported from TrainerRoad though and they obviously don’t use this markup in their workout description. However, if the ride is flagged as an outside ride then they do use something very similar.

Is there anyway to edit workouts imported from a 3rd party app such as TrainerRoad so that this visualisation can be seen in the Intervals calendar?

Thanks,
Al.

Tx. Currently you can’t edit the description for external workouts because that gets replaced whenever the calendar is refreshed. I need to think of a way around that.

1 Like

I am going to be working on Zwift export tonight. I found a good reference for the file format.

Great work! Thank you, David!

Could someone with Zwift please see if this file works as a custom workout. Tx.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<workout_file>
    <name>Torque Intervals</name>
    <sportType>bike</sportType>
    <workout>
        <SteadyState CadenceHigh="100" CadenceLow="90" Duration="1200" Power="0.6"/>
        <SteadyState CadenceHigh="50" CadenceLow="40" Duration="240" Power="1.0"/>
        <SteadyState Duration="300" Power="0.4"/>
        <SteadyState CadenceHigh="100" CadenceLow="90" Duration="1200" Power="0.6"/>
    </workout>
</workout_file>

Will you be implementing a .MRC export? Yahoo Elemnt Bolt, et. al.

2 Likes

Yes. Just starting with Zwift because I found lots of material online re the file format. I only ride outdoors so don’t have any of these things to play with. Going to need help testing!

1 Like

looks fine to me :slight_smile:
didn’t ride it as it’s almost midnight here, but it loaded fine

one thing I noticed is the companion app also shows the desired cadence, while the zwift app on PC only displays desired power.

1 Like

Thanks a stack. Download for Zwift is live now.

2 Likes

If the paragraph before a list of steps contains “warmup” or “cooldown” then the Zwift download uses a <Warmup> or <Cooldown> element respectively.

1 Like

great ! It’s loading perfectly as Zwift workout…

you can also improve the “headers” like:
<author>My name</author>
<name>Torque Intervals</name>
<description>Some test</description>
<sportType>bike</sportType>
<tags>
<tag name=“FTP”/>
<tag name=“inter”/>
</tags>

1 Like

The editor now accepts ’ and " for minutes and seconds respectively.

The first paragraph of the text is now used as the description field for the downloaded file and “author” is filled in for Zwift.

I have added MRC and ERG support. Hopefully they work as I can’t test them myself. I did compare my files against others and they look right.

If someone could test these please let me know if they are ok. Then I will add support for text for all the file formats. Planning to add a text label on the first step of each loop that includes the loop description and rep number e.g. “Main set 1/6”, “Main set 2/6” etc…

4 Likes

.ERG file seems okay.

Thanks! I am going to be adding importing of these soon.

This is a great feature. Thank!!

Is there a way to add text that comes up during the intervals?