Withings Sleep Analyzer not syncing to Apple Health

I am using both a Withings Sleep Analyzer and a Body Cardio scale.

Data from both devices reaches the Withings app on my iPhone in good order, but only weight (and related data) is synced tot Apple Health and HealthFit.

I’ve tried revoking all access to the Withings app, removing it and reinstalling it. But that doesn’t seem to solve the issue.

Does anyone here have any idea what could be going on?

Withings has write access to all relevant fields in Apple Health?

Many times, i too get tripped up when for x reasons, one of them gets flipped to off.

I just double checked. The relevant categories are all turned on.

Also HealthFit has access to the Withings app (because weight is synced correctly).

So I’m thinking the problem is earlier in the “chain”, more on the Withings side, but I can’t seem to figure out where.

sorry… gotta ask. How sure are you that Weight (going into intervals.icu) is coming from HealthFit? Have seen multiple threads about people wondering where their weight update is coming from.

AFAIK, Healthfit regards Apple Health as the “source of truth” hence, as I do not have the HealthFit App, i am only presuming that this means that it is querying Apple Health for ALL Data and not pulling directly from any other sources.

eg: Withings → Apple Health → HealthFit → Intervals.icu

I believe this is the same flow also for Garmin
eg: Garmin → Apple Health → HealthFit → Intervals.icu

This is. how I am getting Data into intervals.icu as well
eg: Garmin → Apple Health → BreakAway → Interals.icu

perhaps you can try making your weight some weird number and then see where things get updated along the chain?

Thanks for the help. It’s appreciated!

When HealthFit has multiple sources available you can prioritise what it takes as primary source. I always have Withings first.

Next to that HealthFit has Withings as the single source for fat %, therefore the data in Intervals (or at least the the fat %) has to come from Withings through HealthFit.

HealthFit is also able the show the source of the data used.

which data is coming to intervals? Prev you said Weight only, now you mentioned fat also?

withings is populating everything (or whatever that apple health has) into Apple Health? But only weight, Fat% is going into intervals.icu? (what about muscle mass / BMI or any other metrics from the scale?)

Basically all data except for sleep.

Also the data from HRV4Training is in Intervals as it’s supposed to.

I don’t think Intervals has fields for BMI or muscle mass, or at least they won’t be filled natively.

As far as I can see Apple Health isn’t playing a part in getting my data to Intervals. Reason I mentioned it is because it appears to be dealing with the same problem.

i thought about this more. I still am bugged by the fact that HealthFit developer has stated (I read somewhere) that Apple health is the “source of truth”

So, when you showed the screenshot that HealthFit has access to Withings Data in the priority list. This got me thinking about the same manner which Apple Health also has a priority list. (eg: If you go into Apple Health, Say Steps, then all the way down, “Data Sources and Access” → Data Sources then on the footnote it says “when multiple data is available, one will be chosen based on the priority order listed above”

I believe, this is exactly what HealthFit is doing based on your screenshots. It’s just priority order and it’s not that HealthFit has access to the Withings App. (It’s still thru Apple Health)

HRV4Training data can be obtained

1. Dropbox - you didn’t mention so perhaps you’re not using it
  2. Apple Health - AFAIK, apple Health only support SDNN so if you’re only seeing SDNN (and not RMSSD) in Intervals.icu, then it’s likely HealthFit is at work.

It does. You just have to “Add them”

NOw I’m really confused. I thought you said that HealthFit is working and is getting your weight data into Intervals.icu? Only sleep doesn’t work?

Can you verify that Apple Health has data for all your withings data? Your Sleep, your Weight (and whatever other metric that Apple Health Supports.)

I think it’s needs to be stated that Apple Health isn’t playing a part in getting data to intervals. It’s is however, acting as a Hub

1. Withings Writes data to Apple Health
  2. Then HealthFit queries Apple Health for any new data and sends them to intervals.icu

Hmm and all this time I was thinking it was Withings->HealthFit->Intervals, but as I understand now it is Withings->Apple Health->HealthFit->Intervals.

Apple Health doesn’t have áll Withings data. Just the data that’s coming from my scale. My sleep data, coming from another Withings device, is in the Withings app. So the hardware is working, it just doesn’t make it to Apple Health.

I guess at this point I just have to sit it out. Withings has a history of being unreliable in syncing with Apple Health. Maybe at some point the syncing will pick up again…

If it’s working, Withings (like Garmin) should upload/sync all relevant data into Apple Health (i said relevant cos Apple Health doesn’t support ALL metrics like the SDNN example i provided above)

You can try giving my app try, I do Withings → Intervals.icu (as well as Apple Health → Intervals.icu). One person even did a sync as far back at >1yr

I don’t remember if sleep is supported, but I do know that I’ve tried to get some othe metrics like SPO2 from withings but cant seem to locate the endpoint to get that data.