Training load power vs HR

My training load comes out significantly lower when I do not use my power meter, 4 recent rides all very similar. Is there something I need to fix in settings? Thanks!

The default algorithm (HRSS) for HR load is sensitive to threshold HR, resting HR and max HR. I can see quite a few activities on your calendar where Intervals.icu thinks your threshold HR is higher than what you have set (e.g. 31st May). But bumping that up will reduce the HR load number so I am not sure what the problem is here.

I changed your HR load model to “Average HR” and it is giving much better results:

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 19.56.01

You can re-analyze existing activities to re-estimate them:

Looks much better now, thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the info here! I had mine set for HRSS and after doing a 45 minute ride yesterday, I got a load score of 55 - which was really high considering my RPE was 3/4. Strava gave it a 34. So, I changed to Average HR and it adjusted down to 44 - which I guess is better.

My R-Squared values for HRSS and Average HR are not great, like 84-85%, so I am not sure if there was just a lot of garbage data early on that needs to be suppressed as I add more inputs to the model or what. Perhaps these inflated HR based loads are why my 3+ hour outdoor rides caused my fitness to artificially spike earlier in the year :slight_smile: