To skim over & to dive in

Being an avid follower of multiple athletic active friends,
Being a coach, barefoot & commercial,
Being a common experience observant planner;
Take some digging and some clicking.

I’m currently following 38, or doing my best to try to.
Not being anybody’s coach and not being a competent advisor in sport development, I’m currently connected to this bunch of similar aged friends for mainly one purpose; to better my own activities.

While all information necessary is available, I have never actually got a general picture of possibilities.
It is easy to see current standing in Fitness, Form & Fatigue. Time spent training and in load, and digging into each, equally easy to see if training involves any form of planning.
Opening multiple views of versions of similar athletes, makes it possible to compare, but it is far from easy to get an overview like the simple one on tab one “Athletes”

Having followed some Coaches Podcasts, a comment from a training planner for a German cycling team and a similar from a US MTB champs trainer made me take note;
It was very difficult for them to gain experiences since athletes very seldom commented on the actual training plan.What they could use was when the athletes wrote comments regarding workout sessions.
Not in numbers and graphs but in short writings regarding how it felt, what they experienced, what problems they ran into.

This seemingly small item have been implemented here from onset,
like the one where every follower can see everybody’s figures in a setup like the one we choose for ourselves.

What we cannot see is how this was commented,
How this went according to the athletes plan,
How the athletes have chosen to view it,
The athletes current plans and current goals and possible planned diversions,
And maybe a place for friends suggestions to workouts, planned and actuated.

A solution might be;
If a user clicks on an athlete on the “Athletes” tab, brings up, or selects, a general personal presentation page.
In 3 sections.

First a general;
A picture and a writing regarding current standing.
Space for writings regarding current goals and standing.
A Blog-like list of all comments to all personal workouts.
A blog-like list of latest workouts.
And then a bigger “Fittness tab” like picture, bigger than the one currently given on the “Athletes” tab, which actually shows current standing rather clear.

Then;
One where the viewer can choose and pick from graphs and numbers as set up on the “Power”, “Totals”, “Compare” and “Intervals” tabs.
The Viewer chooses what graphs and what numbers makes it easy to understand what is going on, and makes it possible to make a personal “View” usable for everybody to follow.

And then,
Another where an athlete can do the same as a personal technical presentation.

Everything is already available in this setup.
These are just suggestions to make following not only easier buts possible more constructive for connected athletes.

So basically an overview or profile page for an athlete with recent activities, comments and so on. I think thats a good idea and now on the todo list. Tx.

2 Likes

You got it.
And knowing this might be in the bottum anybody’s list of wonders and wishes,
You just put it there on yours also …