Syncing of old/historic Strava data

Is there any limitations on how old data that can be pulled from Strava?
Ie. I have data back to 2009 and before 2018 only a few of these shows up in Intervals.icu.
If I look at privacy/ride type etc. in Strava they all looks the same to me

It should get everything you have tried to look at but just bouncing back to old dates on the calendar may leave gaps. You can fill these in from the /fitness page by selecting a date range and clicking the “Refresh” icon on the top right. This will look for missing activities.

Unfortunately the page displays completely blank if there is nothing in the date range (I need to fix that). But you can still click refresh. I have just done that for your 2012 data.

2 Likes

You are simply brilliant. Selecting the complete period (2009-2020) on the fitness page and leaving it open for a while, gave me all the data

2 Likes

Hello,

I am having the same issue stated in the original comment, I cannot get old Strava data to populate. I have tried leaving the fitness page open and refreshing but no data has been added.

If you are not a subscriber you can only get approx 3 months of old Strava data. Strava has strict API call rate limits that are no-longer being increased with user count.

2 Likes

Do you mean a subscriber to your platform, Intervals.icu? If I subscribe I can get full Strava history? I am a premium subscriber on Strava.

Yes, intervals.icu subscription is required to get your full Strava history into the plaform.

1 Like

Hi. New to this site and really like how it works and jumped on the subscription bandwagon asap :slight_smile: I have the sync issue and have tried the tips above with no success. I currently have data going back to Sept 2023 but can’t sync anything before this date, specifically, back to 1st October 2020. Any help / advice appreciated.

Your subscription state is not yet reflected here, so that might be the problem.
Once your subscription is active, there’s a purple star on your profile pic.
If it doesn’t modify by the end of the day, contact david@intervals.icu to check what went wrong.

I paid via paypal around 3 weeks ago so I guess something has not taken effect yet. Will give David an email and see if he can help. Thanks.