Swimming yards to meters in Garmin Connect

Hi,

I created a swim workout in intervals, which was great. I’m syncing it to garmin connect and have it push to my garmin watch.

I believe I have everything set in yards in intervals and my garmin watch, and I have garmin connect measurements set to “Statute” (I’m in the US). But when I look at the workout pushed to garmin connect, I see it in meters and so the workout shows up in my watch in meters. Maybe I’m missing something?

Thanks for your help!

Per this pool length post try adding

pool length: 25y

to the bottom of your workout. It should format better but still comes through a little weird. I am going to test one tomorrow (Sunday, Jan 29) and will try to get back to you on how it works. I like your rest formatting and will try that as well.

edit: you’ve replied to another post about this as well having tried the 25y thing. me :man_facepalming: for not seeing that

Awesome, that’s so much for taking a look! Really appreciate your help!

I’ll keep an eye out for an update.

Let me know what happens with this. These pool swims are a real pain. I don’t have Garmin watch that supports swimming to test this stuff unfortunately.

Okay, coming back to this after trying a workout today. The workout I tried is below. David can also probably pull both the workout and the activity to see what happened.

250y z1 pace
    30s
    500y z2 pace
    60s

Main 10x
    100y z4 pace
    15s

60s
    500y z2 pace
    30s
    250y z1 pace

pool length: 25y

First 250y interval was fine, watch buzzed during my last pool length which is the behavior I was seeing with the pool workout I made on Garmin Connect. I pressed the lap button on my watch and it transitioned to the 30 second interval that I am using as rest. It counted that down for me and automatically went to the 500y interval.

I stopped a couple of times during this interval as I got water in my goggles. I press Start/Stop on my watch when I paused. This then recorded 3 intervals during this time. I walked half a length at one point and overall swam 475y and watch buzzed during the last length. When I looked at my watch at the end of the “500y” it was showing me the time of the last interval, so only 5:22 when it should have taken about 9:15. Interesting that it broke the interval up instead of resuming the one that was stopped but all kept within the 500y portion of the workout. It proceeded into the rest and I exited it early because I felt good and wanted to get into the 10 x 100.

This was probably the best portion of the workout. I was supposed to do 10 100y intervals at pace (z3 80/20, this is the 4th zone on intervals.icu). The watch buzzed each time on the final length, I pressed lap at the end and it jumped automatically into the 15 second rest. After the 15 seconds it proceeded to the next 100y interval. After the final interval it did the 15 second rest and then the 60 second rest of the workout.

The 500y interval ended up buzzing me on the 19th length, not the 20th. At this point, I knew I had one more length to go because I would have ended at the wrong end based on when it buzzed. I pressed lap and it went to the 30 second rest. This counted down for me for my final 250y.

Like the first interval, this worked great as well. It buzzed on the 10th and final length as expected and I pressed lap at the end. My watch popped up the normal message about the workout being done and I pressed Start/Stop to end the activity.

The only mistake looked to be with the 500y interval. It buzzed one length too early and that might be related to the interval showing up as 457m on my watch. If each length is 25, that needs only 19 lengths to complete. The others (229 and 91) still need to same number of lengths to complete. I wonder what would happen if I switched to yards/miles in my intervals.icu settings and may try that next week.

I also wrote down my 100y paces so I knew what to target. My watch was giving paces in kilometers but having a reference card was easy to use and easier to read during rest than my watch as well.