Support for Garmin Dive activities

Note: This is related to underwater swimming / dynamic apnea / freediving kind of activities.

I guess this has 2 parts:

1. I noticed Freediving / Apnea activities do appear in Garmin Connect, but do not sync to intervals.icu (prolly because they come from Garmin Dive app?, or maybe intervals discard the activity for not being regular swimming?)

2. Even if I manually upload the fit file, what would be the best way to process such data?
    I’m interested in visualizing the depth over time using the barometer/altimeter data, etc.
    Any pointers or documentation for such intent? Maybe using the JavaScript charts and streams stuff?

Example

I would appreciate any pointers in regards to this, thanks

@david is there a way to access this FIT data from custom charts or custom activity streams?

I inspected the FIT file and I want to build a chart with Javascript in order to display the dives/depth over time for an Apnea activity

Yes you can probably turn those into custom activity streams using a little Javascript:

Are those still not coming through from Garmin Connect? If you upload the fit file manually does it work?

Thanks for the JS docs, I’ll check them and play around to see how I can extract fields, such as dive_summary, max_depth, surface_interval, etc

And Yes, I just uploaded the fit file manually (/activities/i23672479) and the data seems to be imported just fine on ICU (I used “Swim” as the activity type)
Maybe is not imported automatically because Apnea is a “special” kind of activity and isn’t present in the activity types list?

Your manual upload worked which means it should also have come in automatically.

I had a look at the file and you can easily create a custom activity streams for depth and absolute_pressure just using the record field support.

@david yes, the manual upload keeps working well, but it’s not being imported into intervals.icu automatically, so I’ve to manually upload every time.

Perhaps there is something extra that needs to be done on intervals.icu to get those files automatically from Garmin? (keep in mind this is a Dive activity)

thanks