Literally signed up today. I am thinking of no longer paying for Strava when it renews later this year. In that vein, I have several questions,
Migration Strategy.
I’ve been very good at keeping data in Strava over the years. Garmin Connect would be a close second. My data originated over the years from
Garmin (various watches and Edge 1030). So in Garmin Connect and Strava
Old Microsoft band (In Strava or lost)
Zwift (In Zwift, Strava and Connect)
Peloton (In Peloton, Strava and Connect)
Currently I primarily use Garmin and Zwift.
So, I have requested and downloaded all my Garmin Data. I have connected Garmin. I have connected Zwift. I plan on Requesting all my Strava data but not connecting to Strava. (Will this work?)
Going forward, I should have no issues pulling in my new data from Zwift or Garmin. Correct?
2nd question, tell me why this could replace Strava? I think it can, but as I said, I only learned about Intervals yesterday. It does seem a bit overwhelming all the data that is available.
There’s a lot to read in this thread, but in summary, you can still keep Strava link on the free account. Any activity from Garmin will take preference over Strava.
Hey, I changed my strava setting so that it does not download ride data anymore from Strava. This because i want a third party to analyze my rides. So i want the rides coming in directly from Garmin or Zwift. Now when i do an outside ride with my Edge it comes through via Garmin Connect. But when I do a Zwift session the ride does not appear on Intervals anymore. I checked previous Zwift rides and indeed they came to Intervals via Strava. Should I change the permissions or is there anything I should do on Zwift or Garmin? Ideally I think I would let everything come to Intervals via Garmin.
Unfortunately Garmin does not pass on activities from non-Garmin devices to services like Intervals.icu. You do need to connect Zwift directly. The Zwift connection doesn’t support fetching history, only new activities. So you need to download fit files for the “missed” ones from Garmin Connect and upload using the “Upload” button on the calendar page.
Just to confirm, if I download all my bulk data from Strava, and then upload to ICU using “Import All Strava Data”, it will not create duplicates, but rather replace all the API created entries (“stubs”)?
Today I started seeing several past workouts not showing up as “Hidden Strava Activity”. I have no idea what changed. I have an athlete that I coach and I can see all of her workouts, but many of my own aren’t visible.