Power Zones bottom of Z1

Does any one know if there is a way of defining the bottom of Z1 in the power zones so its not 1W. Similar to HR zones which have a top and bottom.

Thanks

John

You could edit the zones and create a Zone 0 below zone 1

I like the idea but the number of Power zones is limited to 7.
If you’re using 5 or 6 now, you could do it.

Yeah we’re doing that at the moment using the bespoke zone names, so Z1 is called Z0, Z2 is called Z1 etc. But when it comes to prescribing sessions for the riders the coaches and riders then have to remember that “-120m z2” is actual 120 minutes in Z1.

I don’t think there is a way other than what you’ve been doing, but agree it would be nice to set a minimum for Z1 across all metrics (not just HR).

That does add a complication: What happens to power below the bottom of Z1. Right now all power has a zone to go into.

Yeah that’s true. Anything below Z1 goes into a Z0 “Recovery” zone. I think the issue was more about being able to prescribe workouts just using the zone nomeclature, e.g. -60m Z1, but where z1 has a bottom. It looks like you do this somehow anyway as when I tested this, z1 prescribed power didn’t go all the way to zero, there appears to be some sort of assumption for the z1 range.

Yes it assumes that the bottom of Z1 (first zone) is 80% of the top of Z1.

1 Like

Ok thanks. That’s probably all we need tbh.