Plan the training - calender import from csv

which calender that can be importet in intervals.icu is best for planing the training for one season
only future trainings should be effected so no existing workout is overwritten

1. csv data from xls (if yes in which format)?
    simple template would be nice :slight_smile:
    i can create one when i know which format
    i have already developed a xls based planning tool
    @david maybe we can use my template for upload to the calender

2. gramin?

3. training peaks?

4. any other suggestions

when i import a calender is the existing value in the future overwritten (would be helpful in case of changes)

thx!

Intervals.icu doesn’t support importing training plans from CSV (yet). Does your spreadsheet specify structured workouts or something simpler?

If you can expose your plan in iCal format then you could use Options → Add Calendar to add it. Intervals.icu will parse the workout descriptions so you can use that to pull in structured workouts.

With some coding you could use the Intervals.icu API to upload your plan from Excel.

some years ago i programmed the andre coggans formulas into xls
in the picture you see an ironman plan for sub10 hours.
i refer in every line to the actual threshold power or hr (yellow numbers).

this sheet i used for planning the season.

i think we both use the same stress model.

i have implemented swim, bike, run and basic hr stress and workout stress for strength training. i also added recovery exercises (yoga, stretching) that gives TSB some positive values.

how can i use your api?

if you have a trainingsplan in *.cvs you can upload it to your calender.
previously you can adjust parameters to see if it makes sense to follow your idea of workouts.

2 Likes

@david can you support me in bringing the *.csv filie in a format that can be uploaded easily to intervalls.icu calender?

e.g you add an import *.csv button in the calender and tell me which format the *.csv must have so that it is uploaded in the calender.

column:
date, tss points, sporttype → would be enough for planning

Why not use the API?

how do i use the API can you please support me?
can we chat?