Missing data from garmin

A runner that i am working with is experiencing issues with missing data from garmin. For some reason the history stops.
Can you have a look?

Christina Krogh-Jensen
i163073

I can see the gap. I tried to fill it in but Garmin says “duplicate request” and won’t send the data. She can use the “Import All Garmin Data” button in the Garmin box in settings to request her complete history from Garmin and upload that (it won’t make duplicates). Or she can manually download the missing activities from Garmin Connect (fit files) and use the “Upload” button on the calendar page to upload them.

1 Like

Thanks - we solved it through:
“Import All Garmin Data”

Hi guys,
I’m a first time user and it seems like that intervals.icu could close a big gap for me
(which could not be filled by tp, strava nor golden cheetah) … FINGERSCROSSED

But I’m currently struggeling with the GARMIN CONNECT import. It seems that it does not work at all for me (no automatic import, no import all data) … I requested a complete dataset from garmin (will be available in the next days), but if the day-by-day import does not work I’m back to square 1 :frowning: .
I was thinking what could break it: and the only idea I had was must the email-adress for intervals.icu and the one for garmin be the same?
Interestingly : HEALTH DATA could be imported :slight_smile:
THANKS

If HealthData is coming in, your connection is working. Mail adresses don’t have to be the same. But Garmin isn’t ‘easy’ to get historic data. Be patient for a couple of days to get your full history download link, that should work flawless.
One thing of importance, the day-by-day import only works for activities performed on a Garmin device!
If you have an app for virtual rides that uploads to Garmin Connect, those workouts will NOT be forwarded to Intervals. There are other solutions depending on the recording app.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

I will do the full import - I’m way too curious.

“day-by-day import only works for activities performed on a Garmin device”
That is good to know, for the future (I’m a Rouvy user) but in the testcase it was a normal run, gathered on a Fenix6 …

Would you suggest that I activate my old Strava acount just to pipe the data ?

THANKS a lot for the help this is amazing!

I’m not familiar with Rouvy but if Rouvy has an option to save to dropbox, that would probably be the cleanest way.
A second solution is to dual record Rouvy + your Garmin device but then you will not have a map/distance/speed because your Garmin device only records Power/HR and maybe speed.
And, as you suggested, you can reactivate and couple your Strava account. You can have both Garmin Connect and Strava connected to Intervals, it will not cause duplicates. Intervals will prefer the Garmin FIT file because it has more data, but if no Garmin data can be accessed it will use the Strava data.
Intervals aims to be as versatile as possible and @david is doing amazing work to make sure it is :wink:

1 Like

AWESOME !!!
Thank you I will give it a shot!

I seldomly experienced a forum which was as fast as this one!
THANK YOU SO MUCH - will keep you posted if interested :slight_smile:

I have three athletes that use the Rouvy → Strava routing, as it’s the easiest, and automatic route for them without having to do anything other than save the workout.

I have used Rouvy before, but always dual record as a form of redundancy (data drops happen). I use Garmin 735XT or my Lezyne (head unit) as the backup device.

If you’re on iOS, i have this in BETA aimed squarely to solve this situation.

BreakAway: Indoor Training - Garmin & Non-Garmin Workouts Sync Solution