Learning Intervals.icu & running training planning

First of all thank you David for creating intervals.icu and the wonderful supportive community helping everyone get orientated with the tool.

While I’ve been aware of intervals for a while, I’ve not taken the plunge in using it until now as I have not had the time to invest in understanding it fully. Having now looked at this I’ve got a few questions, in particular about creating a running plan for multiple events in the first half of next year.

Since turning 40 (5 years ago) I’ve slowly built up my fitness (first cycling & more recently running), having spent my former years in a mostly desk job. Over this period the built in Garmin plans have been useful and have helped me run my first half marathon, but I feel like I’ve out grown them having signed up for 2 half marathons & a trail 10 k in 2023 (plus considering my first marathon as well).

I’m not sure how to preload more than 1 work out at a time into the tool (although it looks like that is possible?) & would like to know if there are any running coaches on here who I can connect with?

My intervals.icu profile is here - Intervals.icu Sports Analytics and Planning

Thanks

Daniel

1 Like

This part of the (developing) user guide will help with building training plans etc… ACTIVITIES PAGE - a guide to getting started - #5 by Gerald

1 Like

Thanks, Olly. So if I understand this correctly I create the plan (which is just a placeholder) and then need to add workouts to this.
What if I don’t have any workouts, can they be auto-created (from an external source), or do I need to do each one individually?

Yep this is correct. The plan can then be deployed to your calendar.

If you don’t have individual workouts you need to build them. You can do this using the built in workout builder in intervals.icu or you can import various file formats to create the workout. For example a .zwo (Zwift) format.