I added the basics so you can at least try it out when this releases.
Hard for me to test at all though haha
It has been quiet here recently. Any news regarding this project? I really appreciate your afford and do not want to raise any pressure. I am just looking forward to this app:-) If you are in need of additional testers I can offer support with my rowerg.
Hey!
Aye I’ve been a bit busy but I’m slowly working my way through the little bugs and ideas that need to be there for the first test release. I think I will be able to put it in some hands for March. ![]()
The main thing I’m working on are weight lifting and mobility sessions, as getting these in app are important for my rowers. My aim is that you can just paste Liftosaur workout scripts into your Intervals.icu workouts then when you complete them you get a full text and JSON summary of the workout so a human can read it and so the app can parse lifting data to keep track of e1RM calculations, progress graphs, etc… essentially making Intervals.icu a database to pull workouts and workout data from.
Similarly, I’m making a modified version of Liftoscript to work in the context of mobility. Since it’s not so well defined it needs a few more features to get into the usable realm but we’re getting close!
Thanks for the update! I am glad to hear that the project has not been dropped! And even better - there are some pretty cool additional features in the pipeline.
Sounds great. I am keen to test still.
Hi Ross,
Thanks for sharing this — really exciting to see someone tackling the execution side of structured rowing workouts. I already use Intervals.icu for planning and analysis, and the missing link has always been a clean way to actually run the sessions on the erg without the PM5 button-pressing marathon you described.
A couple of quick questions I’d love to hear your thoughts on:
-
Android beta timeline — roughly when can we expect the Android version to land, and is there any rough idea when a beta might be available? I’d really like to run it on my Android phone, and I’d be happy to help test once it’s ready.
-
Concept2 Logbook sync — this one matters a lot to me. Will completed workouts be pushed directly to the Concept2 Logbook as well, so that every rowed session lands on the C2 side with the correct data? Ideally the pipeline would populate both Intervals.icu and the Concept2 Logbook from a single completed workout, so season totals, rankings and the training history on the C2 website stay consistent without any manual copying or re-uploading of FIT files.
Really looking forward to seeing where this goes. The gap between cycling and rowing when it comes to structured, power-based training is very real, and it’s great to see someone with a foot in both worlds actually building the missing piece.
Cheers
Olivier
Hi how’s the intervals.row app going? I hope all still good. Just checking in case there’s a potential release before I get too far down the ErgZone integration road. Cheers, Mark
In addition to Liftosauer, you could also check on Hevy. They have a public API (Swagger UI) (subcribers-only) which makes syncing much more easy.
If you want, I can share my API so you can test it.
Quick update for all interested!
The on water season has been taking a lot of my time as a coach; however, I’m hoping to have a tested release of this available for everyone in time for the 2026/27 season of rowing - mostly so it can be used for all the winter training that is bound to happen.
The scope has increased a little over this time, as I want this all to work with intervals.icu without API integrations into other apps so it’s fast, robust, and just works for all of us who love this platform.
To answer a few questions that have come up above.
- Android beta: I think the first release will just be for iPhone as that’s what I have the ability to test thoroughly on right now. A bit of a shame but I also have to accept my limitations a little so I can get this out.
- Concept2 Sync: I don’t think this is in scope for the app, unfortunately. This would require a significant collaboration with Concept2 and would entirely depend on their willingness to let me upload workouts via their API. My impression is that it will compromise all the parts of this project that are interesting to me as a rowing coach. Happy to be proved wrong there though as I know a lot of people still rely on the Concept2 platform for many things.
