Intervals lap detection synchronization problem - Zwift structure workouts

Hi
I uses Zwift as s platform to ride my structure workouts.
I don’t no why, but lately all the “lap intervals detection mechanism” is not synchronized to the actual lap start/end time.
It’s always has shift of few 10’s of seconds.
I tried few things to change the configuration and the settings but it didn’t help.
Maybe it’s a bug or maybe there is a way to bypass it?
Regards
Noam

There is a way to shift the time axe’s for Workout/Activity and match them but can’t find an example right away.
I think it’s a slider in Options on the bottom of the activity page
If you pause your activity or start a little later, it’s no longer synced to the workout time. The slider let’s you resync.

Really??

Ok - I will check it and try to use that time shifting option. I think it works only when you coupling the planed workout to the actual one. But I will try it anyway

Thank you very much for that amazing platform
:pray:t3::pray:t3:

Yes, it’s for coupling workout/activity. Isn’t that what your case is?
Have you tried Analyze with Use Laps (if laps are present in your activity file)? Or do you have Auto-detect for Analyze?
If the lap markers are in your activity file, that should give the best results.

Hi again
I do use the feature of “automatic lap detection”.

I am using structured workouts from Zwift, and “play” them in Zwift, and upload/synchronize the data (after the workout ) to Intervals.Icu.
I am not planting the desired workout to the calendar .
From what I am understanding now, there will might be an issue withe those “laps tags”, in the Zwift file. Maybe it is in the phase where Inervals parse and extract this data from the Zwift file.

It is something that should be check.
I am not sure how to do it :thinking::thinking:

Regards
Noam

If you use Automatic, Intervals looks for efforts in your power trace. It doesn’t check for lap markers in the file.
If you set it to Use Laps, it decodes the lap markers in the fit file and it doesn’t do autodetect from the trace efforts.

In general,
I usually use the automatic lap detection option.
So I am wandering why there is miss synchronization between those markers in the fit file , and the “Intervals” mechanism to use them?

Will it be helpful or possible (in terms of debugging) if I will send you one of my Zwift workouts fit file?

Well… I checked the fit file and it seems OK.
I uploaded it to Garmin, and all the intervals are correct and accurate in terms of timing and synchronization to the workout order.
I think maybe there is a place and option to check the mechanism in the Intervals software ?
Have a nice day and thank you for your patience and quick responses
Regards
Noam

I see the ride came from Strava. Do you have “privacy zone” turned on? This breaks lap data for many rides.

What file did you upload to Garmin? You could try uploading the same to Intervals.icu.

1 Like

Ok
Good Idea
My zwift data/files are being uploaded to strava and garmin.
The Intervals.icu is being fed from strava.
So maybe Strave is the problematic link here!?!?
I will check it ASAP and update you .
I really appreciate your efforts
Thank you so much :pray:t3:

I have previously messaged strava about this.

turn off ‘Hide the start and end points of activities no matter where they happen’ and add a bunch of ‘Hide the start and end points of activities that happen at a specific address’ solved it for me.

1 Like

Woooow…
It makes sense, now that you describe it.
I will change those configurations and check it in my next session.
Your advice helps me allot - Kodus for that :trophy:
Thank you very much
Noam

Must Update:
After changing those Strava defenitions, the problem solved!!:pray:t3::muscle:t3:
Thank you very much for the replies and tips.
@Ben - you helped me allot :fire:

1 Like