Importing Garmin Training Plan?

I know it’s kind of defeating the point to some extent, but I’m wanting to try one of the Garmin Training Plans and would REALLY like to see it’s forecast impact on my future fitness as represented in intervals.icu.

Just sense checking and tuning against my self-created plans.

Is there some method anyone has for doing this ?

4 Likes

Hello,

I have the same question, no solution for that?

Thanks!

1 Like

I am not aware of any Garmin API to get at that. Intervals.icu can only see planned workouts uploaded by Intervals.icu, not everything.

I’ve recommended this to TD (sourcing Garmin Calendar). As of now, there is no app in the market that has this functionality. It’s either a Garmin Watch or a Garmin Edge unit.

I’m hoping Intervals/Breakaway/TrainerDay develop this linking in the near future!!

UpVote here so that TD devs can pick this up:
https://forums.trainerday.com/t/exporting-garmin-cycling-plan/24320

2 Likes

Where do you find Garmin training plans? I don’t see it at all in the web under Training - workouts.

Also… what is the benefit of these plans vs those that can be found within intervals or TD ?

1 Like

They are adaptive in nature. Plans are under training/workout. Garmin Coach is for running and other 6 plans for cycling.

I’d like to find a workaround for the daily workout suggestion on my Forerunner 955, but are not shown on my Edge 530 (as the daily suggestions are now available - Garmin’s business model - buy the new model) … I’d love to use intervals.icu as a proxy to transfer the workout from the watch to the bike computer …

Don’t see it. I am also looking at but all I see are gym or such workouts.

If I understand what @Jelly_Legs is asking as opposed to your request. They are different? Daily suggested May be an “in device” situation. Just like how VO2Max can only be calculated “in device”. (Of course, now they are doing the round trip thing - see the d rainmaker link in this post BreakAway: Indoor Training - Uploading Completed Workouts to Garmin Connect )

Here’s what I see. I use a 735XT.
What version of Garmin Connect are you using?

Ah… thanks @Gerald i realise now what is different.

I am using the website mostly and that’s where I was looking and not on the mobile app.

Wonder if it will work on my Fenix3.

1 Like

I have an Edge 130+ and also see the plans.

1 Like