How long does it take to undelete an activity?

New to the website and I wanted to play around with some of the functions. I deleted an activity and now want to get it back. I went to list view, added the Deleted filter, selected the deleted activity, Edit, Undelete, Confirm. This was about an hour ago and it still shows up in the deleted activities filter list and not in the Activities list. I saw in the delete confirmation box that it could take a while to undelete. Do I just need to be more patient or is there something wrong? Thanks!

I never knew one could undelete. I normally just upload the FIT file again.

Yep:

This activity was imported from Garmin Connect. I am able to upload the exported TCX file but it’s missing a bit of the original information.

TCX format does not support all data options. L/R power balance, for one, is not available in TCX. Use FIT if possible. If FIT exists on Garmin Connect, use “Export original”.

Unfortunately Garmin now drastically limit “backfill” requests which is how Intervals.icu does undelete for Garmin. Your bets bet is as @MedTechCD says to export the original file and manually upload it.

I have a todo list item to keep deleted files for 30 days before really deleting them to solve this problem.

Got it. Thanks very much, all.

Is this the reason for the behaviour I am seeing? Not entirely sure how to describe it but I’m testing sync behaviour and workout naming/renaming from Garmin → Intervals.icu

So, if I manually upload a file to GC, it goes to Intervals.icu w/ the default Name “virtual cycling”

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.23.42 PM

When I delete this upload from GC and also from intervals.icu, I can see that It’s marked as DELETED in Intervals.

Then I sync the same workout file from BreakAway → Intervals (and during the upload, I will put in another name which is more reflective of the workout done), but this is not honored. It will still retain the Garmin Connect “Virtual Cycling” default name.

That’s the reason I’m actually playing w/ zwift again to figure this whole thing out.

Can I buy a clue? Or it will be revealed to me in 30days :-p

Does the BreakAway version appear? Just with the wrong name?

Here’s an experiment.

1. Manual upload to GC

2. output in Intervals
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.41.19 AM

3. Delete from Intervals. (also delete from GC)
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.41.43 AM

4. Sync From BreakAway

5. output in Intervals (Note source is BreakAway)
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.42.08 AM

6. Delete from Intervals. (Retains the GC connection/Name)
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.45.04 AM

Any subsequent re-uploads from BreakAway will still retain the GC connection / name etc. Won’t let me rename.

1. Do A new workout from BreakAway. (Auto Uploaded to GC + Intervals)
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.46.46 AM
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.47.23 AM

2. Delete activity from Intervals. (Note, no garmin connect link)
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.47.53 AM

3. I have noted however the external ID of the file (synced from BreakAway → GC + Intervals) will have the same external ID as that of Garmin Connect. (Ignore the name, I realised I forgot to add this detail before I deleted the prior “MLSS” upload)
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 6.49.34 AM

Note: This is how I am, within BreakAway, is able to “open in Garmin Connect” as the GC Link is till populated.

Hope this helps to narrow things down. I’ve found an alternate solution to my new feature implementation w/ regard to this so I’m good.