[SOLVED] Garmin VO2Max calculated by Tacx Desktop App

Until a week ago, I recorded the workouts on the trainer with the help of an Edge 1030. When it calculated a new VO2Max, it appeared in Garmin and in Intervals.

But more recently I started using the Tacx Desktop app for training on the trainer. I found that it is much more stable in terms of the connection with the sensors and implicitly with the trainer.

I found that the Tacx Desktop app also calculates a VO2Max, which also appears in the Garmin Connect application and in the reports generated by it, but it is not imported into intervals.icu
Where could the problem be?

I don’t know how the activity from the Tacx desktop app get’s to Garmin Connect, but the VO2 must be in the fit file from the activity to come through to Intervals.
Is the activity file a FIT file? And if so, check with fitfileviewer.com if the value for VO2 is written to it.
If it is, a custom field might be able to get it.

Yes, the activity is a FIT file, but i could not find any VO2Max stored in it.
I think is calculated on Garmin servers, not by the Tacx App.

Unfortunately, Intervals can’t get the value from Garmin Connect. It only get’s the activity FIT file.

You’re (partially) right in that aspect. It’s calculated by your Garmin Device (watcch / headunit) by doing a round trip from Garmin Desktop App → Garmin Connect → Garmin Device → Garmin Connect

Below thread, there’s an article linked

But for VO2Max to get into intervals.icu, it’s a bit iffy unfortunately. It works for some, not for others and then if you do running, it can get mixed on what gets sent to intervals.icu

But now i don’t use any Garmin device to record my activity. Only the Tacx Desktop app and after I save it and check on my garmin account i can see my new vo2max, without synchronizing with any garmin device first.

I thought vo2max it can be retrieved like any other health data from garmin, not just from FIT files.

Thanks!

I don’t know exactly how it works, but this is supposedly the way it works (last time). Aslso, you do not need to use the garmin device to record the activity, it will just sync. (you can check your garmin device history, you’ll likely find your workout in it as well)

Garmin Desktop App → Garmin Connect → Garmin Device → Garmin Connect

Anyways, VO2max data support (not in the fit file) from garmin is iffy.