[SOLVED] Garmin Connect Sync issue

Hi

Garmin Connect is not uploading my new workouts.

It is interesting tough. Zwift → Garmin Connect is working. I have my zwift workout there. But it wont trigger the sync to Intervals. I had to manually upload it.

However, if I create a workout in Garmin Connect app it will immediately show up on Intervals.

This is happening for days now. Is the issue on my end?

1 Like

Hi, I don’t think workouts that are synced to Garmin Connect are forwarded-only activities that are originally from Garmin.

Thats an issue. I switched from Strava when my trial period ended and read somwhere here that there are too many Strava request (api?).

Garmin Connect sync should work as I use Garmin Connect to sync my workouts Zwift → Garmin Connect-> Conqueror app. It is already automatically syncing to a third party app, why would Intervals be different?

I really hope it will be fixed. Not sure what else to use.

As Ollie says Intervals.icu stopped getting activities from non-Garmin sources via Garmin Connect in April this year. Tx for trying to help but you should probably re-enable Strava. You can use Strava and GC at the same time.

1 Like

Ok, I will do that.

Like @Kato83H reported back in 2021, this issue re-occurred exactly the same:
Zwift>Connect upload is fine, yet sync from Connect to both Intervals.icu and RunGap isn’t working anymore since a few days.

Re-authorizing Intervals.icu and RunGap doesn’t resolve this. I suspect Garmin to ‘blame’ here? May be their side of the sync-API a/o authorisition has changed/ is bugged.

What can we do to validate issue and activate the relevant devs on any/ either side of this sync to also make Connect<>Intervals.icu work again?

Looks like you’ve been away for a longer time :wink:
It isn’t working anymore for over a year and the reason is that Garmin decided to no longer be a hub for other apps. The result is that Garmin only forwards workouts that were made on one of their devices. Anything recorded on a non-Garmin unit is no longer being forwarded. It’s a Garmin decision and there’s nothing Intervals or RunGap can do about it.
Either you use Strava/Dropbox or you dual record on a Garmin device as a solution.

Edit: In fact, the answer is 2 posts above yours, and it’s over 2 years…

2 Likes

RunGap is also not working anymore?

I’m not using RunGap so can’t tell for sure.
Did RunGap still had access to Garmin Connect for non Garmin recorded workouts? Or does RunGap get the workout from Zwift directly?
The one thing that is 100% sure, any non-Garmin recorded workout will not be accessible from Garmin Connect.

If RunGap still can do it, then @RdashP should use RunGap for Zwift activities and not Garmin Connect.

Apologies. @MedTechCD. That question was supposed to be directed to @RdashP

I just tried RunGap and nothing is coming up/out. (I’m not really a RunGap user either. So could be user error)

Edit: RunGap is down as well.

1 Like

@Nik_Om_Cinderella_Ri perfect. clear. tx. known issue then, (AssUMe) also for intervals.icu obviously :roll_eyes:

Hi, INcorrect I sync all my Zwift rides perfectly fine to Connect and can be viewed in Garmin its web/app eco-system. Only synching same rides from Connect through to both Intervals.icu ánd RunGap recently stopped working.

So to answer your question specifically: in my sync setup RunGap gets Zwift rides via Connect to sync through to all my other sports clouds like Polar, Strava, :green_apple: Health, Suunto, Runkeeper, etc.

??? That’s exactly what I said. Garmin Connect does not FORWARD activities that were not recorded on one of their devices.
I never said that you can’t send them to Connect.

That’s the part I can’t be sure about because I don’t use RunGap. So I don’t know if RunGap is connected to Zwift directly in some way. Or if they can still get those activities from Connect. In that last case, they probably have some agreement with Garmin.

1 Like

aha lost in translation?
Well your initial sentence can be read thus understood in another way.
I understand, you mean ‘Garmin does not forward 3rd party recorded activities’.

Are you sure? Since that is exactly what I configured ánd worked upto October the 17th: my Zwift rides coming from Connect sync into Intervals.icu

Yes you can sync Zwift directly with RunGap as picture shows. I haven’t set it up like that. Zwift syncs to Connect directly (not via RunGap).

Now I also found Intervals.icu as possible direct sync into RunGap. Promising alternative as workaround!

I will try this sync option instead of the (currently) not working Connect to Intervals.icu sync

As @Nik_Om_Cinderella_Ri kindly pointed out this can only be a workaround/option after this issue is fixed:
https://rungap.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/14574471594002-Issue-with-broken-Garmin-Connect-integration-19-20-Oct-2023-TEMPORARY-WORKAROUND- :woozy_face:

Rungap is there since a long time

1 Like

@MedTechCD your certainty made my re-think why my Connect history including Zwift rides are visible in Intervals.icu upto ánd incl. October 17th…

I used this option last Thursday (19th) to import my full Connect history into Intervals.icu.
Probably Garmin created my mass export upto the 18th ánd with such a mass Connect data export Garmin does also INclude the non-Garmin recorded activities…

That will indeed get you your full history of all workouts logged in Garmin Connect.
So most of it is clear now. Make sure to keep us informed regarding RunGap functionality!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I’d appreciate any help that you or other members could provide.

I requested my data from Garmin a couple of days ago, and today I received an email from Garmin that my request is complete and I can download my activity history.

I was able to download a “zip” file of this history. The problem that I have is that ICU is requesting a hyperlink to the history and Garmin did not provide a hyperlink, just the actual zip file.

Not sure what to do now, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

You can go 2 ways:

• In the calendar view click on ‘Upload’ and point to the downloaded zip file
  • From the e-mail, iso left clicking and downloading, rightclick and choose copy download-link. Paste the link where the hyperlink is supposed to go. This will reinitiate a download.
1 Like