Don't update rider description and title when changing in Intervals.icu

Hi Is there a way to block updating my Strava ride description and title when making edits in Intervals.icu?
I keep my Strava records as just for some community record and dont want to update with my private data.

I tried to update Strava permissions and revoke Edit ability but looks Strava doesn’t persist my selection.

2 Likes

There isn’t a way to do that currently. I will see if I can add it when I get a chance.

did this happen? Can I change the Title in Intervals without it updating the Strava Title? Strava might be ‘ride with Pat’ while Intervals might be ‘8x1min VO2’

I have just implement this and will deploy Sunday AM (GMT+2). There is a new checkbox in the Strava box in /settings:

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 16.26.23

Note that this works both ways. If you untick that and change the name of the activity on Strava, then the change will not be applied to the Intervals.icu activity.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing this option.

I deployed it 30 minutes ago. Just reload the app.

2 Likes

This is amazing, David! Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @david,

Hum it is possible to synchronize also the RPE and note information from Garmin when we update this fields in Garmin connect?

Indeed, for example for swim activitiy, we need to add RPE information, feel information and note after the synchronization between the gear and Garmin connect app (and so after intervals.icu sync).

Thank you for our answer

Garmin allows one request, the initial one when saving.
So any changes made after won’t come through.
Some devices allow RPE to be written into the FIT file during the saving process will be shared.

If your device asks you to add RPE and Feel before it saves the FIT, it will automatically transfer to Intervals. Changes on Garmin Connect website will not because Garmin only sends the original FIT file to Intervals and there’s no possibility for Intervals to get acces to any other information on Garmin Connect.

Thank you @Gerald and @MedTechCD it’s clear now ! So no solution to synchronize RPE and feel between Strava or Garmin and intervals.icu
Indeed
For running activity, at the end of the activity, the device asks me to add RPE and feel, so it works.
But other activities like swimming, the device doesn’t ask anything, so I add RPE and feel in the Garmin application.
S

I may be wrong, but I think Strava might have populated my RPE.
I noticed a score of 4 on one activity, this week, when logging in to update the workout.
I could be wrong, and will check the next time.

I wasn’t using Strava since the rate limit problems, but when I was troubleshooting other user’s problem, I noticed gaps/duplicates in my data. A bit of a clean up, and gear linked to Strava has me returning to syncing with Strava.

It can only be updating from Strava, as Garmin Connect wasn’t used. Friday and Saturday were uploaded directly to Strava, and the RPE was automatically populated when I opened Intervals.

My App does support this. It will sync these few things back to Garmin.
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 7.38.17 AM

Here’s some links to how it works.

1 Like