CORE Temp Body Sensor Now Supported (BreakAway: Indoor Training iOS App)

I just got intrigued by the CORE Body temp sensor and would like to get this implemented into my “BreakAway: Indoor Cycling” iOS App.

Anyone here has this device and and iOS device and is willing to lend a hand to get some logs such that I can implement support for this device into the app?

Tx

The BETA has prelim support for the CORE Body Sensor… Just collecting data.

let me know if anyone here has it and is willing to help development of it.

Tx

1 Like

I have a CORE but I don’t have an indoor trainer. I can send you some fit files with CORE data if that helps?

1 Like

Thanks @david , for the stuffs I want to do currently, you dont need to have an indoor trainer.

My first task is actually just to get some data from the sensor. (not in the already processed fit file). I need to RAW packets from the sensor.

If you have an iOS device, downloading the BETA app, installing it and getting it to collect some logs would be a great beginning already.

1. Open the App, go to the SETTINGS Tab, way at the bottom, input “loglevel10” into the Box Marked as DEVELOPER

NOTE: IT’s “LOGLEVEL10”

1. Get your CORE sensor turned on. (I don’t know how it works and if there’s a need to turn it on). But keep it far away from the App / don’t turn it on before the “loglevel10” is inputed. (The app does auto connections to sensors and no need for manual fiddling, so if this settings doesn’t get inputed before the sensor is turned on, some of the logs will be missing)

2. Just Do some normal stuffs w/ the CORE Sensor in use… (Note: There would not be any visual indication if the app has connected to the CORE sensor or is even collecting data. I’m just collecting logs of the packets it sents out)

3. maybe like after 30s++, you can go to the HISTORY tab, there would be a file called “debuglog”. Please click this and it should pop up an email w/ this log as attachment. You can send it to yourself to check the content.

If the content has something like
2022-10-10 11:11:11 CoreTemp T:1 xxxxxxxx flags:xx CoreTemp:xxxx SkinTemp:xxxx Unit:C

then the data collection is successful. I’ll use these logs to determine if I have the correct interpretation of the Packets. If you open up the logs, you can also confirm if the numbers are looking suspect / ok.

Hi @david

Been playing around w/ the CORE sensor and w/ some help from a user, I think I managed to get somewhere.

I’m now adding support to writing the Core Temp into the FIT file and there are apparently 2 ways

1. using the Core Temp Field
  2. using the tHB field

what I noticed was that within the decoded FIT file (using FitSDK 21.67.00)
Both the fields are having 2 decimal points in the output.

However, when loaded into intervals.icu and the corresponding chart is shown. The Core Temp Field only shows 1 decimal point.

Fit File

Glad you got sorted. Sorry I didn’t get you data in time. Intervals.icu displays core temp with one decimal just to make it look nicer. I didn’t think temp would be measured accurately enough for 2 decimals.

Next revision of The BreakAway: Indoor Training iOS App will now support the CORE Body Temp Sensor

The Core Body Temp data will be stored in the FIT file and uploaded together to intervals.icu (or your platform of choice. Depending on the platform, you may or may not need to use the THb field if the Core Temp field is not available)

Partial List of Features Available in the App can be found here

Note: Skin Temp is currently not written to the FIT file but is available as one of the many Data Fields to choose from in the app.

2 Likes

Skin Temp will soon be available and written to the FIT file as Developer Fields. If there are testers who are willing to give it a go, let me know. Will get you into the TestFlight BETA.

@david
Hi, i cant get the body core temp showed in my workout? i checked the field and marked core temp. so its prob that i havent connected the core here? how do i do that?

thanks

Hi - are you referring to the BreakAway App or the workout Data after syncing the completed workout to intervals.icu?

If you’re referring to After the workout completed and would like to plot it, it’s in “CHARTS → Core Temp” you may need to click the magnifying glass if it’s not already there previously.

if you’re referring to the BreakAway: Indoor Training App, would like to get more details. Are you saying the CORE sensor is not connected to the App?

Thanks. I refer to the workout data in intervals. i have checked that box for core temp in the charts but it dosent appear.

I havent connected the core to any app… so if i download breakaway, the temp should appear in intervals?

Does the workout uploaded into intervals.icu have the CORE temp data? How are you syncing/uploading the workout to intervals.icu? If you’re using Strava, take note that Strava will strip out a lot of data before sending it out to other locations (like intervals.icu)

You can check the Original FIT file using fitfileviewer.com - the output should look like the linked post

Ok, i only sych the workout from strava… will wahoo or garmin send the CORE temp data to intervals? then i can use that

you will need to do some setup, yes.

1 Like

OT: we would love to have BrakAway for Android too!!!

2 Likes

thanks. il try :slight_smile:

3 Likes