Configure zones in absolute watts and not in percentages

It would be possible to choose to configure the power and heartrate zones with power data, it would be interesting to be able to choose whether we want to configure the zones at ftp percentages or by entering the power and heartrate data manually.

If we work with physiological milestones, the percentages are not so important.

Z1 Active Recovery 1-120w
Z2 Aerobic Threshold 121-160w

etc…

2 Likes

HR zones are captured and stored in bpm but are also automatically adjusted if you change LTHR. Power zones are stored as a percentage relative to FTP. The capture dialog does so the actual watts for each zone if that helps. Still they will change if you change FTP.

I have added a todo list item to not update power zones when FTP changes.

I mean to be able to change the power zones not with a percentage and to have the option to set the watts manually for each zone.

1 Like

Having possibility to have the zones automatically adjusted by changes to Max, VO2max, FTP/AnT/LT2, and AeT/LT1 absolute numbers for Power, HR, Speed would be interesting.
Example is the “Uphill Athlete Training Zones Heart Rate Calculator”.

An option to enter fixed values (or better yet offsets to the threshold) for swimming would be nice as well.

I’ve seen swimming pace zones described in second offsets to the T-Pace (1000m threshold) - currently that involves a python script to approximate the percentage of the T-Pace that comes closest to that second offset.

1 Like

I’ve visited my coach today and he updated my power zones, so I’ve come to intervals to update them.
Since my power zones are given to me by my coach, and I don’t know what ratios he uses, I need to convert the power bands to a % of my FTP first and then update them in intervals, instead of just inputting the raw wattage directly. So this feature would be useful for me each time I do an update on my fiitness progress.

2 Likes