Compare power curves?

Hi! I love the app, thanks for the amazing work.

I have a question: Would it make sense to allow comparing of power curves between different athletes on a single graph? Or maybe that’s already possible but I don’t know how to find it?

11 Likes

Not it’s not possible yet. That would be one for the /compare page. I have added it to the todo list.

3 Likes

Hi! I would like if this feature is available already! I would love to compare power curves but i cannot see the feature. Thanks!

The PDC is unique to each person and based on their own ability, so why would you want to compare between athletes?

1 Like

It’s not done yet but you can get someway there using multiple browser windows.

2 Likes

Thank you David! And by the way, GREAT tool!! Congrats to the people involved!

1 Like

I’ve thrown together a Google Sheet which leverages the API to compare Cycling Power Curves (Absolute, Relative, and Compound Score) for up to 4 athletes that you follow.

I recalled seeing this topic a few times in the forum, so thought others may get value from it. I’ve linked below a shared version, just take a copy and enter your data. There is a FAQ which should explain how to make it work if not obvious.

Oh, and here’s an image of what a set of compared curves looks like:

7 Likes

Thanks for the cool excel file! It would however be great to see this feature implemented in the website :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excel works great.
It shows few error on refresh, but end result is perfect. Just what was needed.

1 Like

I would also like the possibility to compare the power curve from different athletes directly on intervals.icu
The compare page already makes it possible to compare power vs heart rate, distance and such.

Comparing the power curve (both watts and watts/kg) can be useful for planning race team tactics.