Cadence not recalculated after data fixed

HI - Not sure if this is a bug or if I misunderstand expected behavior.
I recorded a walk today. Cadence and pace were based on my fenix 3’s internal sensors. I noticed that the cadence data had quite a number of dropouts, where cadence was zero even though I never stopped walking. I used the fix data function to replace these with previous values and got the expected result.

However, the average cadence shown in summary data did not change after doing this. I tried Reprocess file but that just undoes the data correction. Am I correct to assume that average cadence (and possibly stride length?) should be recalculated after replacing dropouts?

Related to this, during some (but not all) of these dropouts - probably the longer ones - the pace goes to infinity as would be expected. However, I don’t see a way to do a data fix on pace, and it doesn’t adjust when cadence is fixed.

Michael

My guess is that you lost GPS satelite reception. Pace is calculated from GPS data.
All calculations in intervals are based on moving time, so if you loose pace because of bad satelite reception, you’re “not moving” and the data isn’t calculated.
If there are longer parts where you lost satelite reception, you can see this on Garmin Connect when zooming in on the map. There will be a straight line without following the actual route.
Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any tool to correct the loss of GPS data.

Looking at the zoomed in map, there’s nothing obvious, but it could still be true. I thought however that one of the “fixes” was to simply carry forward the last value. I get your point - since Pace is calculated from position and time, you can’t carry it forward.

Any thoughts on the average Cadence not updating?

I checked the code and average cadence is re-calculated after editing (supposedly). Doing re-process file will re-read all the data from the file and undo your edits. Doing Options → Analyse will re-analyse which re-computes average cadence.

Could you please post a link to the activity, tx.