BreakAway app sync failure + Wahoo Kickr SNAP 30s burst is a mess

@app4g it looks like Breakaway app is no longer syncing completed workouts to Garmin. The app is throwing an error with “Login Failures - maximum attempts…”

also, since the last update power syncing with Wahoo Kickr Snap has been a mess. Short 30-second intervals are not possible at all where powers are moving from 150W to 83W (it just sticks at previous intervals). I’ve tried everything, trainer calibration, Smart trainer power lag on/off, Power priority…

it is forcing me to sign up for TD, I like your app given that it has a lot of features but lately, the bugs are bugging me…

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience and it’s definitely not a good experience I agree. AFAICT, None of the updates has touched any of the Trainer Power codes, so this should technically not be related, but who knows if you found a bug.

you mentioned short 30sec intervals, could you try turning off “avoid spiral of death” option? This option is supposed to trigger the trainer to reduce power automatically if it detects that the flywheel speed has gotten too slow. This is to avoid instances where you stop to go to the toilet and then have to restart again to a power of 500w (an exaggerated example) and it will be v tough to get the wheels spinning)

If there are any bugs, i do hope you will let me know so I can fix it. I currently only rely on whatever crashes that gets reported to Apple and I fix those when I see it and if anyone provides feedback.

TX

Thanks for suggestion. I’ll try next time with ‘Spiral’ option turned off. I saw your comment on the other post regarding Garmin. Thank god I had Dropbox synced so I was able to get .fit file and uploaded it on Garmin. Let us know when garmin issue get fixed.

There are many ways to get the FIT file

1. Dropbox Sync
  2. Itunes File Sharing (connect to laptop/pc etc)
  3. The Apple Files App
  4. Tap on the workout in HISTORY tab and if you have the Apple Mail Client installed, you can email it to yourself.

I’ve been trying to get it fix for the past 12 hours and no light at the end of the tunnel currently. This may be a long issue… :frowning: It’s frustrating to say the least when I’ve built many good features around it.

I’m also trying to rush out a “partial” fix for Garmin in that it will disable the garmin login and alert users of the issue.

1 Like