Assign workout name from planned workout if not named

Since switching from Strava to GC for workout syncing the workout names don’t get sent over. I understand that the Garmin API doesn’t send over workout names. But these generic names make it difficult to remember what the workouts were when looking back.

However, I will usually have some sort of planned workout on my intervals calendar. So I was thinking that before assigning the generic “afternoon ride” title if it checked for a planned ride and then used that name for the workout it would be easier to remember and I wouldn’t have to go in a rename it by hand.

4 Likes

This works for me.

Steps:

1. Have planned interval workout in calendar (which will sync to Garmin)
  2. On sync after performing the workout, intervals takes the planned workout name from the fit file (not the name in Garmin Connect)

Job done! I think this image of actual vs planned from my calendar shows that too.

If you’re doing the same though, perhaps there is a bug.

Hmm yeah it’s not working like that for me.

I had planned workouts for today and the past two days and they are still names things like “Afternoon Ride”. I’m not sure what I’m doing different than you but I haven’t noticed the planned name ever getting assigned to the completed workout.

And you follow the workout (ride > workouts > 1 HR endurance) on your Garmin? With the instructions? If so looks like you are doing the same as me.

No, this is a plan off training peaks that I recreated in intervals for planning purposes and to just have all my stuff in one spot. So TP Syncs with TrainerRoad which runs the workout that gets sync’d to GC and then sent to intervals.

So it’s a bit of a convoluted path…

Thats a good idea. I will try get it done soon.

1 Like

To further this idea, a toggle option to always use the name of a workout that’s on my calendar, regardless of it has a name on import or not, would be nice as well.

2 Likes